Before the “Downton Abbey” Season four premiere airs in the United kingdom tomorrow, Sunday, September 22, we have a couple of last spoilers, courtesy a leaked press pack.
• The meddling Lady Rosamund Painswick will turn into her niece Ediths “confidante and best support” as Edith spends a lot more and a lot more time in London and grows closer to her married editor, Michael Gregson.
• Gregson is “desperate to make an truthful female out of Edith” and ‘Hatches an ambitious plan” that may have him going to “extreme lengths to secure their happiness collectively.”
• Edna Braithwaite – the former housemaid who was fired for flirting with the newly-widowed Tom Branson – returns to Downton as Lady Coras new ladys maid, replacing OBrien. Mrs. Hughes and Carson are “appalled” by Ednas manipulations. Theres also this note: “Ever scheming, Edna has an agenda and theres no doubt Branson will figure heavily in her strategies.”
• Bates will inquire Molesley for assist “in his time of need to have,” and “both their allegiances to the Crawleys, in defense of their status, are put to the check.”
• Marys new suitor Viscount Gillingham might break his engagement for her. “Engaged to the Hon. Mabel Lane Fox, his selection is possibly far more wise than inspired, and meeting Mary yet again tends to make him start off to wonder whether he may have offered up on daily life as well soon,” the notes go through.
• An additional new character (and potential suitor?) Charles Blake will be launched to the Crawleys by Evelyn Napier, with whom he is undertaking a study to examine estates that are dealing with problems in a altering society — and he doesnt necessarily wish to avert the estates collapse. There will be “immediate antagonism” in between him and Mary.
• Lady Rose MacClares attraction to the city and the roaring twenties will threaten the Crawleys social standing.
• Thomas will return to his scheming techniques, probably with some help from yet another servant.
• Tom Branson will think about leaving Downton with infant Sybbie, as he “still feels anything of an interloper.”
• Mrs. Hughes “moral strength and compassion” will be “tested to the limit” in Season 4, “as she is forced to maintain a secret with a single of her most trusted staff.” She also “nudges Carson to confront an uncomfortable problem from his past” and draws Isobel Crawleys consideration “to the trigger of a guy in want.”
• Assistant cook Daisy will exert her authority above scullery maid Ivy, who has won Alfreds affections, however she has her sights set on Jimmy.
Read more “Downton Abbey” spoilers under.